It makes you wonder why they are doing this stuff to our foods but mostly it’s convenience and profits!
For decades now, the food industry has created new chemicals to transform our food supply. Now, there are even “foods” that are made entirely from chemicals. There are five main reasons why chemicals are added to our foods:
- To improve shelf life or storage time.
- To make food convenient and easy to prepare.
- To increase the nutritional value.
- To improve the flavor of foods.
- To enhance the attractiveness of food products and improve consumer acceptance.
Despite these advances in science, this type of manipulation can have a profound effect on our body in terms of possibly promoting disease rather than health. Many of the chemical additives, preservatives, and sweeteners have been linked to obesity, cancer, heart disease, and behavioral problems. While we all can appreciate the convenience of packaged and fast foods (we know, our lives are busy!), we should skip those with nasty toxic offenders.
Click here to read the rest of the article http://blog.honest.com/5-toxic-food-additives-to-avoid/#.US0vsaWkqeA