My husband, Ken, and I went to a workshop for Sending Out Heartfelt Cards on Saturday in Atlanta. The workshop was on relationship marketing and how to stay in touch with your family, friends, prior clients and prospects. There was a lot of good information that was given.
We use Send Out Cards in our own businesses as it helps us to stay in touch with our clients, agents and members. We use it to say Thank You and that we appreciate their business.
We also use it personally to stay in touch with family and friends. When you send a card, you can customize the card with your own pictures and words. Nothing is more personal than that!
In our personal and business life today, it is hectic and we tend to put off sending Cards and Notes to family, friends and clients.
When was the last time you sent an unexpected card at an unexpected time to someone you care about? Do you think it would make a difference?
Do you remember people’s birthdays and other special occasions? Do you think that matters to them?
How about a simple thank you or expression of appreciation. Do you think that would make a difference?
With Sending Out Cards, not only can you remember people and share appreciation, you can motivate, uplift, encourage and truly make a difference. Here is the interesting thing, the more you do this, the more you realize that you, the sender of these cards, benefit the most.
Here are 10 Ways To Send Card and Stay in Touch with Family, Friends, Clients, Prior Clients and Prospects and this can work in any business Courtesy of Kristi T-
1) Follow Up – Follow up promptly after meetings. Let people know that it was nice to meet them. That you enjoyed learning about their business. Thank them for their time.
2) Stay in in touch with notes and cards to prospects at regular intervals – frequently – at least 4-6 times a year.
3) Send unexpected cards. There’s a lot of power in sending a card to someone just to let them know you were thinking about them.
4) Remember to say thanks. Thank customers when they buy from you. Thank those who give you referrals. Thank people who give generously of their time and effort. Say thanks when people give you their time for an appointment. Thank the media when they do a story on you. And say thank you when someone gives you really exceptional service.
5) Re ignite relationships. If you haven’t heard from a family member, friend or customer in a while, let them know that you miss them and wanted to see how they are doing and if you can help.
6) Celebrate their lives. Whether it’s a a birthday, anniversary, promotion, new baby, new home, or getting married, send notes to recognize the important milestones in your customers lives.
7) Show appreciation. Let your customers know you appreciate their business and that you are grateful they chose you.
8) Give value. Send your customers helpful tips and reminders of things like when the clocks change, new tools they will find helpful, recommendations for vendors whose services they might need, and articles and clippings they might find interesting.
9) Make them feel important. Recognize and reflect back the genuine qualities you admire about a person. Complement them on their abilities and skills.
10) Choose a Top 100 List. It’s the 80/20 rule. Choose your best customers and most influential people in your network and get them a special dose of attention. The easiest way to grow your business is through repeat business and referrals. By targeting the most influential people in your network and your top customers, you can get the most results out of your efforts. Tell them, “I sincerely thank you for our relationship and would like to work with other people just like you. Please don’t hesitate to refer friends, family and colleagues. I appreciate your referrals!”
I wish you the best in your business adventures and please check out www.heartfeltpromotions.com as a way of Staying In Touch!